Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm ready for my close-up!

Last Saturday Milo & I went for a bit of an excursion to Ranelagh Gardens to see a hot air balloon launch commemorating the 225th anniversary of the first manned flight in Ireland. Foggy weather conditions and off shore winds on the day meant that it couldn’t take off, but it was still an impressive sight to see the enormous balloon being inflated. What really made my day was the unexpected opportunity to end a phonecall with the words “I’m sorry, I’ll have to call you back. There’s a photographer here from the Irish Times who wants to take a photo of Milo”. On Monday Milo was famous for the day! You can see the photo on the Irish Times website by clicking the image above.

Another highlight of the weekend was receiving some great handmade birthday gifts from my nieces. Creativity and love of doggies run in the family, as you can see :-)

Fiona (5) sent me this gorgeous doggy birthday card from Galway.

Anne (11) & Grace (10) made me some fabulous polymer clay models. They have their own Etsy shop at www.muddylittlepaws.etsy.com  where you can find an array of handmade creatures available for rehoming, each with a unique story of tragedy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment