Saturday, January 30, 2010

I ♥ lighthouses

I’ve always wanted to live in a lighthouse and once, for a week, I did. This day 10 years ago I was getting ready for my 21st birthday party at this lighthouse in Wicklow. After an unforgettable party I stayed on for a week, commuting to college in Dublin. Even on a grim January day it was so cozy. Looking out the windows on the top floors in foggy weather you couldn’t see the ground, and with a storm raging outside it felt like the safest place in the world. It was worth the sore legs from the 109 steps to the top!

These days I’m making heart shaped boxes. I’ve been testing out my templates in different sizes, colours and types of paper. They’re stacking up all over the house and one might wonder if there are little cupids hiding on the shelves throwing little hearts around! If there are I would like to ask those cupids to stop throwing my work around, its not helping. Roll on Valentines Day to keep them busy elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment